Monday 13 January 2014

My Recent Hair Care Routine

For my first blog post I'm going to write about my most recent hair routine-including the shampoo, conditionner, detangler, etc. that I have been loving. A quick description of my hair type: I have very fine, thin hair. It is very healthy, with no chemical damage and not too much heat damage. I trim it frequently but I really try to keep the ends hydrated because they can get dry. My hair gets oily pretty quickly, I can only get away with not washing it for 2 days and thats when I use dry shampoo. I have used tons of shampoos and conditioners but these are the ones that I am using right now or have used for recently. I don't use these all at once, just as I need them. 

Shampoo


Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Shampoo. I'm not using it right now but I decided to mention it because even tho I didn't repurchase it right away I definitely will in the future. It doesn't give the best volume in a shampoo but it cleaned my hair really well and it stayed clean for a solid 2 days with either no dry shampoo or just a little bit. The nice thing was that it cleaned my hair really well but it stayed soft and didn't feel dry. I recommend this shampoo if you have oily hair and just want a great, low cost, everyday shampoo.


Pantene Fine Hair Solutions Volume Shampoo. This is really great for volume, my first day hair looks all around amazing when I use this. It even swishes nicely, which sounds ridiculous but I love when shampoos do that to my hair. My hair looks great on the first day but I definitely need dry shampoo the second day. I love the volume and shine that it gives, but I wish it kept my hair clean for a little bit longer. I might repurchase it, I only just started using it around a week and a half ago but I already have a decent idea of my opinion.

Conditionner

I'm on my second bottle of the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditionner. I'm still loving it, it makes my hair really soft, I feel like it has made my hair stronger as I've used an entire bottle of it. My hair looks shiny when I use it, but it really doesn't detangle very well, I have very easily knotted hair so that's the one thing I wish it did better. I'll probably go back to it, but I want to try more products before I do.


Detangler

The first thing I do when I get out of the shower is wring out my hair and wrap it up with my Studio Dry towel. (I couldn't find it online but basically it is a quick drying towel that claims to cut the drying time of your hair in half...it doesn't really do that but I like having a separate towel for my hair and this one is a great size and it does eliminate frizz) Next I spray my hair with a generous amount of my Pantene Moisture Mist Detangler and brush it out. It isn't the best detangler, I do have to use a decent amount but it does the job well enough and it was pretty cheap so I intend to finish the bottle. (I think this is new bottle, but it was updated recently so I have the old packaging.)




Hair oil

I love hair oils. I think they're great on the bottom of my hair (approximately from my earlobes down) and they're really hydrating and softening. Currently using the Organix Smoothing Shea Butter Liquid Glass Serum (say that 5 times fast). I have used half of the bottle and it only takes 1-2 pumps rubbed through the bottom portion of my hair that I previously mentioned. It smells delicious and I think you should try it no matter what your hair type is. If you're oily keep that away from your roots because you will look like a grease ball when your hair dries. It is so smoothing, luxurious feeling (and smelling), I have no frizz when I use it (my hair generally isn't super frizzy but sometimes it is and this eliminates that entirely). Its good. Try it. I dare you.


All my styling products

got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion. Its marketed as a leave in conditionner and I guess that's kind of how I use it, but I always thought it was just a smoothing cream type of product. I don't notice a huge difference when I use this...it does the same thing as the oil I mentioned above, but not as good. I think this is good for before blowdrying because it does really smooth your hair when used before blowdrying. It smells pretty good, and its a nice product that I will use up but won't repurchase.


Herbal Essences Toussle Me Softly Mousse. This is pretty basic, I apply it kind of close to the roots... and it gives nice volume after I blow-dry my hair. I also scrunch it into the bottom when I try to achieved that beachy look...but I have super straight hair so it doesn't work amazingly for that. Overall it is far from a necessity, but if I have some extra time it can give me some nice volume and it is super cheap. Of course I have the old packaging but this is what the new one looks like...and it's prettier than mine.



My heat protectant is the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. I honestly forget to use this almost every time I curl, straighten or blow-dry my hair. The oil really does enough for blowdrying, in my opinion and I dont curl and straighten my hair enough to notice a difference. My mom likes it tho so here's a picture to go with that sad little description/review. It has a cool name as well...just saying.





Last but not least...my dry shampoo which saves my life when I don't have time to wash my hair. I use the Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo. It is messy, and its white. My hair is very blonde and I still really have to blend this in to my scalp to hide that. But it makes my hair look a whole lot cleaner, so it works for me. Mine also expired about a year ago...but I think its still fine, there's nothing wrong with it and it's a powder so I think Lush just wants my money. I'd say buy the small container first because some people love it and some hate it. I want to try the batiste ones...want a review?



That was a very long post! I didn't realize how long it was but I hope you enjoyed my first post, I'll have more coming. Leave comments<3

xoxo,
Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment