Tuesday 14 January 2014

Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe

I though I would just quickly post about my favourite breakfast smoothie! It's easy to make and its yummy. The best part is that I can literally drink it as I get ready...i.e. do my makeup, get dressed, do my hair.

Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe

I make this in my Magic Bullet but a regular blender will be fine. I like the bullet because its one portion and I'm the only one in my family who drinks smoothies in the morning.

The measurements are not precise, just eyeball it.

You will need:
-A blender
-Plain yogurt
-Apple juice
-A combination of frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
-Most of a banana (I just eat the last piece that doesn't fit in the blender)

1. Put in a little less than two tablespoons of plain yogurt into your blender.
(You can also use vanilla or any other flavour of your choice, don't use too much or it gets hard to blend)

2. Put a handful of berries into the blender.
(Like I said, I eyeball it, so it depends on how much you're making)

3. Break up a banana into pieces that are about an inch long and toss 'em in the blender.
(Usually I have a little extra so I just eat it)

4. This is important: I use apple juice but you can use any fruit juice of your choie, and pour in enough so that the texture isn't too thick.

5. Blend everything until there are no lumps or clumps.

6. Serve. Or with a bullet spin on a ring and enjoy!


xoxo,
Nadia


No comments:

Post a Comment